Come file your 2016-2017 applications for financial aid in person with Student Financial Services and meet the March 1st deadline! An On-Grounds filing event will be held Thursday, February 18 from 2 pm to 6 pm in Clark Hall's Brown Library, room 133. Click here for a map to Clark Hall. Brown Library is on the ground floor. After entering the library, room 133 ("The Classroom") is to the left.
We will also offer extra assistance in our Carruthers Hall offices throughout the week of February 15th, from 8am - 4pm. Bring your laptop and come to the main lobby, accessed through the south entrance to Carruthers Hall. We are a 20-minute walk from Newcomb Hall, or take the Northline bus to Barracks Road Shopping Center and walk across Emmet Street to Carruthers.
For your convenience, you may arrive on a walk-in basis and there is no need to RSVP. Read below for the information you may want to bring with you to the event. Get the help that you need and don't miss the opportunity to file your applications on time!
Completing Financial Aid Application Forms
In order to be considered eligible for all forms of state and institutional grants and scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic year, there are two application forms you must submit to SFS by March 1, 2016. You must submit BOTH the CSS/PROFILE, available at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile, and the FAFSA, available at www.fafsa.gov. UVA's CSS Profile code is 5820, and the FAFSA School Code is 003745.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, you will need financial documentation from the 2015 tax year. If you or your parents have not filed taxed for 2015, don't despair. If you have good estimates you can bring wtih you, we can still help you complete the applications. The FAFSA and Profile both collect information from the following sources:
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a US citizen)
- If you have completed the FAFSA in a previous year, you will need your FSA ID to log in to the FAFSA website and create a renewal application
- Your 2015 W-2 forms or other records of money earned
- Your 2015 Federal Income Tax Return, including all schedules, if you will file one. If you have not yet filed when you complete the FAFSA, you may use estimates and then update the information after you file.
- Your asset and investment records, such as bank statements, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
Parent Information (for dependent students only):
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers and dates of birth
- Your parents’ 2015 W-2 forms or other records of money earned
- Your parents’ 2015 Federal Income Tax Return(s), including all schedules, if they will file. If they have not yet filed when you complete the FAFSA, you may use estimates and then update the information after they file.
- Your parents’ asset and investment records, such as bank statements, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Also note that your parent will be required to sign the FAFSA. They will likely be able to do this electronically, and they can do so with their own FSA ID after you submit your portion of the FAFSA.