News and Announcements
Key Dates for Fall 2014 - highlights
- Monday, July 21st – Term statements created
- Monday, Aug 18th – Fall financial aid disburses to student accounts (ALL GRADUATE AID MUST BE IN PLACE FOR STUDENTS TO RECEIVE PRIOR TO DUE DATE)
- Wednesday, Aug 20th – Fall tuition due
- Friday, Aug 22nd – Fall refunds start
- Tuesday, Aug 26th – Late fees assessed
- Monday, Sept 1st – Term cancelled for students with AENR hold or no enrollment 5p.m.
Please contact your local experts if you have any issues or questions. Your local experts are:
- GSAS – Brenda Davis (4-6742)
- Curry – Brenda Kelley (2-2669)
- Engineering – Joan Wicks (4-4380)
- BIMS – Fay Miller (4-2217)
SAFM Phase 2
- Phase 2 work is continuing. ITS has started work on design and development for integration. A Phase 2.5 project plan has been drafted and is available in the References section below.
Phase 2 reporting requirements are currently being implemented by ITS. Updates are being moved into production in July and August.
Department Aid User Group
- For summer awarding, please see the Summer Awarding Chart for FY2014-15 below.
Committee on Graduate and Professional Financial Aid
- September 15th, Rm TBD, 2:30 – 3:30pm
- October 13th, Rm TBD, 2:30 – 3:30pm
- November 10th, Rm TBD, 2:30 – 3:30pm
- December 8th, Rm TBD, 2:30 – 3:30pm
SAFM Phase 2 Advisory Group
- TBD as needed
Department Aid User Group – recurring meetings on Wednesday afternoons
- Aug 6th, Bavaro Rm. 104, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- Aug 20th, Bavaro Rm. 104, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- Sept 3rd, Bavaro Rm. 104, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- Sept 17th, Bavaro Rm. 104, 3:30 – 5:00pm
- Oct 1st, Bavaro Rm. 104, 3:30 – 5:00pm
April 9, 2013 (Problem Statement Review and Prioritization)
October 16, 2013 (Production Issues Notes)
Access to SIS Departmental Aid pages and SAFM require specific training. Please visit the Departmental Aid Toolkit for training requirements and enrollment information.
Requests for SIS responsibilities (including SAFM access) are made by you or your supervisor and submitted via the Electronic Self-Help Access Request Process (ESharp). To begin the access process, go to ESharp.
Phase 2 Documents
Department Aid Quick Guides:
SAFM Quick Guides
Your first point of contact for departmental aid awarding questions and issues is your SIS Local Expert. "Local Experts" are located throughout the University schools and departments. As needed, they will forward your question or issue to ISDS/SIS or Student Financial Services (SFS). If the answer or resolution is of value to the rest of the users in your school or department, your local expert will disseminate the information.
If your Local Expert cannot assist you, contact the help desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter "Departmental Aid Question" in the subject line of your email and cc: Sarah Doran (email@example.com), Amy Nolasco (firstname.lastname@example.org).