A standard wire transfer has no tracking capabilities and may take up to 4 weeks to complete. We strongly encourage you to consider making your international payment through Flywire (formerly peerTransfer). This method allows you to:
- Execute, track, and confirm your international payment online
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Transfer funds faster than wire payments (average 2-3 days)
- Link international payments directly to the student's account
- Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire's Best Price Guarantee
- Receive 24/7 email, live chat, or phone support
How to Make an International Payment with Flywire
- Sign into QuikPay through the SIS Student Center or the Authorized Payer Portal. (Need to become an Authorized Payer?)
- Select "Make a Payment" from the left-hand menu.
- Enter your payment amount, select "International Payment" from the drop-down box, and click "Okay." You will be transferred to the Flywire website to complete the process.
- Select your preferred method of payment.
- Enter some basic information to create your account.
- Complete your payment.
- Track and confirm your payment at any time through your Flywire account. You can also sign up for text and email status updates.
Please note: the University will not accept excess direct payments intended for living or other personal expenses. Personal or sponsor payments in excess of $3,000 of the account balance will not be accepted, except as instructed by a sponsor and with prior approval from Student Financial Services.
It is important that you begin in UVA's QuikPay portal and follow the instructions above to ensure your payment is sent to the right school and applied to the right student's account. If you would like to learn more, visit the Flywire website.