Non-University Assistance

Federal regulations and University policies require Student Financial Services to consider all sources of assistance received by a student when determining eligibility for financial aid.

Outside educational resources include, but are not limited to, Social Security Educational Benefits, Military Educational Benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, payments from Bureau of Indian Affairs, Americorps, Prepayment Tuition Plans, ROTC benefits, tuition benefits from employers, and any grants and scholarships from high school, private and civic organizations, foundations, businesses, or corporations.

It is your responsibility to notify Student Financial Services if you will receive any assistance not reflected on your offer letter. If you will receive outside scholarships, you should complete the Outside Scholarships Self-Reporting Form, which is available on our forms page under the link to the appropriate academic year.

Reductions in Aid

For Title IV Federal financial aid programs, the total financial aid package a student receives cannot exceed the University's estimated cost of attendance. If you receive federal aid (e.g., loans and/or Federal Work Study), the total of all financial assistance--including loans, work study, departmental assistance, tuition remission, and health insurance assistance--cannot exceed the estimated cost of attendance.

Pending Aid

Students who report non-university awards to Student Financial Services will have a "pending" financial aid annotation placed on their student billing accounts. The actual amounts will be credited to the student's account when the funds are received. At some point during the academic year, the pending aid annotation may be removed from a student’s account if it is deemed unlikely that the funds will be received.

Certification of Enrollment

Sponsoring organizations often require verification of enrollment or academic record information before scholarship payments are made to the University. Students need to contact the Office of the University Registrar to request that this information be mailed if required by the sponsoring organization.

Third-party Billing

Please see the Third Party Billing page if your education expenses are being paid in part or in full by an employer, school district, non-military government agency, foreign embassy, or other outside agency.