- Ensure that you meet the financial aid application deadline for the next academic year if you are studying abroad in the spring term.
- Ensure that you have set up your parents as authorized users in UVAPay, as that gives our office permission to speak to the individuals you designate.
- Update your current mailing address in SIS.
- Set up Direct Deposit through your SIS Student Center to ensure more timely receipt of your refunds.
- Consider having your mail forwarded to your permanent address.
- Discuss giving Power of Attorney to your parent or guardian
- Monitor your UVAPay account for any account activity. The Account Activity tab provides you with a real time view of all charges and credits on your student account. You are responsible for ensuring that all outstanding balances are paid.
- Continue to check your SIS Student Center.
- Continue to check your UVA email – SFS frequently sends email correspondence as official notification and will only send emails to your UVa email address.
Transfer of Study Abroad Credits and Satisfactory Academic Progress
It is essential that your credit hours be transferred to the University as soon as possible following your term or year abroad because this could impact your Satisfactory Academic Progress.