Non-University Awards

Federal regulations and University policies require Student Financial Services to consider all sources of assistance received by a student when determining eligibility for financial aid.

Non-University awards include all scholarships and grants awarded by agencies other than our office. They include University Alumni Association, Resident Advisor housing and/or dining awards, ROTC scholarships, National Merit or National Achievement Scholarships, Tuition Benefits/Reimbursements, and any scholarships or grants awarded by churches, high schools, fraternities & sororities, corporations, professional or civic organizations.

It is the student's responsibility to notify Student Financial Services if they will receive any assistance not reflected on their award letter. If you will receive outside scholarships, please complete the "Report Outside Scholarships and Other Benefits" form, which is avialable on our Forms page under the link to the appropriate academic year.

In the event that students receive additional assistance not listed in their award information in the SIS, Student Financial Services may be required to reduce University-administered financial aid to remain in compliance with federal and state regulations and University policies. If you receive Non-University awards after your Federal funds have been awarded, your eligibility for aid will be reassessed. When your Federal aid is reduced by other awards, you will receive written notice of which funds have been reduced and by how much. You may be required to pay back disbursed funds for which you are no longer eligible.