Other Financing Options for Study Abroad

If the financial aid awarded to you for your study abroad term is not sufficient to cover your costs, your financing options are to borrow a Parent PLUS loan or a private student loan. More information about Parent PLUS loans or private student loans is available here.

Once your Parent PLUS loan or private student loan has been certified, you will see the loan(s) on your SIS Student Center. Please be sure to respond promptly to any requests made by your lender since this may cause delays in the processing of your loan.

Virginia Pre-Paid Plans (VPEP) are applicable to all UVA programs and Exchange programs.

Please keep in mind that the University payment plan cannot be used to pay for study abroad programs.