Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance

Each branch of the military has its own application process, forms, and Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits. If you are in the Army, you will use ArmyIgnitED to request tuition assistance. If you're in the Air Force, you'll need to request tuition assistance through the Air Force Virtual Education Center.

If you are in the Coast Guard, Navy, or Marine Corps, you will go to your respective Education Center, complete their form, have it signed by your education coordinator, and send it to our office using the contact information in the footer at the bottom of this web page.

Please note: Your TA benefits will impact certain financial aid eligibility. TA benefits will be included as a financial resource in your financial aid award package and may reduce state grants, University grants, federal loans and work study, and private loans. Each financial aid award type is different, so the benefit may affect each person’s award differently. Please contact Student Financial Services for questions about how your TA benefits may impact your financial aid at [email protected] or 434.982.6000.

Contact your branch for details on your eligibility and the branch's process for submitting the Tuition Assistance form:

*Please note that if you are using TA and withdraw from a class prior to completing 60 percent of the class, you may be required to pay a portion of the tuition, which could be due to the Department of Defense. Please see UVA’s Tuition & Fee Adjustment Policy regarding return of tuition assistance. Contact your service branch for more information.

Important Institutional Information

Tax ID


Title IV Code


DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) Number


Cage Code


UEI (Unique Entity Identifier) Number



If you have further questions about using active duty benefits, please contact Alex Rowe at [email protected].