In order to apply for a QuestBridge match at the University of Virginia, there are three types of financial-related documents that will be required of you. Please read all instructions below carefully, and if you have any questions, contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (434) 982-6000.
Although it is not possible to electronically revise already submitted application materials, if you submit your materials and later realize you need to correct an error or supply additional information, please send the new information to us at the mailing address noted here: https://sfs.virginia.edu/contact-us. If time is of the essence, please contact Student Financial Services as noted above, to ask about the best approach. Please don't send sensitive or personally identifying information via e-mail, as electronic mail is not a secure means of communication. Also, please do not send replies to the email address associated with the DocuSign form noted below. All emailed questions should be sent instead to email@example.com.
All QuestBridge applicants should complete the CSS Profile. Please select "Early Action" as your admission application type, and be sure to select the correct year's application (2022-2023).
Additional instructions for students whose parents do not live together and are divorced, separated, or were never married to each other:
Please have your custodial parent – that is, the parent with whom you live more than 50% of the time – submit the CSS Profile first. Then your noncustodial parent will be given a link to submit his/her Profile. The link can be sent either by you or, at your request, by the College Board.
If you do not have a relationship with your noncustodial parent, please:
- Complete a Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent's CSS Profile, and submit it along with:
- An explanatory letter from a disinterested third party (e.g., guidance counselor, teacher, coach, religious advisor, social worker, physician, etc.) who knows you in a professional capacity and is aware of your family’s situation – the explanatory letter should be submitted on the author’s professional letterhead or sent from his/her professional (rather than personal) e-mail account and should indicate:
- The name, title, and contact information of the person writing,
- In what context they know you, and
- Why it will not be possible for your noncustodial parent to complete the Profile.
Please note: A custodial or noncustodial parent's past unwillingness to provide financial support, or a current unwillingness to provide funding for college, does not in itself result in a waiver of the CSS Profile requirement for that parent. Waivers are generally granted only
- when the identity or whereabouts of the parent are unknown,
- where there is little or no relationship with the parent, or
- where contact with the parent would be considered unsafe or unwise
If no one is aware of your family's circumstances, please contact our office to discuss alternatives to the third-party letter.
Please submit the waiver request and third-party letter together. If you have questions about the waiver request process, please contact Student Financial Services and indicate that you are a QuestBridge applicant.
If you have general questions about fee waivers for either the custodial or noncustodial Profile, please visit the College Board’s website for more information.
QuestBridge DocuSign Form
All QuestBridge applicants should also complete one of the QuestBridge DocuSign Forms linked below.
Be sure to select the correct version of the form based on your dependency status: either dependent or independent. Please contact Student Financial Services with any questions, as choosing the incorrect form may delay consideration of your application or potentially cause you not to be matched if we find we lack the information we need to evaluate your application.
First, carefully read and answer the questions below, to determine which version of the application form to complete:
- Were you born before Jan. 1, 1998?
- Are you married or separated but not divorced?
- Do you have children who receive more than half of their support from you?
- Do you have dependents (other than children or a spouse) who live with you and receive more than half of their support from you?
- Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. armed forces for purposes other than training?
- Are you a veteran of the U.S. armed forces?
- At any time since you turned age 13, were both of your parents deceased, were you in foster care, or were you a ward or dependent of the court?
- Are you an emancipated minor or are you in a legal guardianship as determined by a court?
- Are you an unaccompanied youth who is homeless or self-supporting and at risk of being homeless?
If you answered “no” to all of the questions above, please complete the QuestBridge DocuSign Form for Dependent Students.
If you answered “yes” to one or more of the questions above, please complete the QuestBridge DocuSign Form for Independent Students.
Please be aware that there are two portions to the dependent-student DocuSign form - a student section and a parent section. While a student or parent can see the other section of the form, s/he will only be able to complete his/her own section.
- First the student completes his/her section of the form, reviews his/her responses and any attachments that have been uploaded, and presses "FINISH."
- Then the parent receives a message at the parent e-mail address provided when the student signed in to the form.
- After following the instructions in the e-mail, the parent completes the second portion of the form, reviews his/her responses and any attachments that have been uploaded, and presses "FINISH" to submit the full form and all attachments to UVA.
If your biological or adoptive parents are no longer married to one another and your custodial parent has remarried, please be sure to report household income and expenses for both your custodial parent and her/his current spouse.
In the DocuSign form you will be asked to indicate your family’s monthly income and expenses. Please provide information for the 2020 calendar year, to match the tax information you will also be providing (see below).
Please don't attempt to reach us by sending a reply to any DocuSign e-mail you may receive. Replies to the DocuSign account don't show the sender's e-mail address, so we have difficulty replying. If you need to reach us, you may either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-982-6000.
When completing the QuestBridge DocuSign Form, you will be asked to attach various tax documents. Please do not send tax documents via e-mail. Instead, please submit them through the DocuSign form mentioned above, as this will provide a secure means of transmission. If you need to send additional tax documents after submitting the DocuSign form, either send them to our mailing address or contact us for guidance by following this link.
When completing the DocuSign form above, please have the following documents available in PDF format, and be prepared to attach them within the DocuSign form:
- Student 2020 federal tax return – signed, dated, and complete (including all schedules)
- Student 2020 W-2 and/or 1099 forms – all forms received by the student, from all employers
- Parent 2020 federal tax return(s) – signed, dated, and complete (including all schedules)
- Parent 2020 W-2 and/or 1099 forms – all forms received by the parent(s), from all employers
The form will provide an alternative if you or a parent did not file and were not required to file a tax return.
Although it is not possible to upload more than one PDF file for each required attachment within the DocuSign form, you may attach your tax documents one of two ways:
- Upload all of a particular tax filer's materials together as a single PDF (i.e., a complete, signed federal tax return + all schedules, W2s, and/or 1099s), attaching it at the "paper clip" icon that appears for that individual's Form 1040, then select "zero" for the W2 and 1099 options, OR
- Upload the complete, signed federal tax return under the 1040 "paper clip," then indicate the number of individual PDF files you have for your W2s and/or 1099s.
If you have any questions about the required documents, please contact Student Financial Services.