Types of Aid

Students who complete the CSS Profile and FAFSA and are enrolling in an undergraduate program are considered for many forms of financial aid, including Federal and University scholarships, grants, and loans. For more information, please click the award type in the left menu.

There is some jargon when it comes to financial aid, and it can be confusing at times.  We've provided a glossary of some of the more common financial aid terms to help you out.

See the glossary in Spanish

See the glossary in Chinese


Non Need-based Financial Aid

Students who wish to apply for non-need based financial aid must first file the FAFSA. In addition to being considered for Pell Grants, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and Direct PLUS (Parent PLUS) loans, they may also be considered for certain merit scholarships. In general, however, merit scholarships are not administered by Student Financial Services.