We know that there is a lot to learn and understand about financial aid for college, and our office is here to help you through the process. The links here and to the left will help you understand what to send in, where and how to send it, and when to do it.
It might be helpful to start with some of the most common questions we hear:
- How much aid am I eligible for? To get a sense of what you might be eligible for, start by creating an estimate at MyinTuition or the Net Price Calculator.
- What is the absolute deadline for applying for aid? For most undergraduate applicants, the deadline for applying for aid is March 1, 2022, but check the information for your applicant type in the table below for your deadline as well as for priority deadlines for first-year applicants.
- What do all these terms mean? There is some jargon when it comes to financial aid, and it can be confusing at times. We've provided a glossary of some of the more common financial aid terms to help you out. Follow this link for a Spanish-language version of the glossary, and follow this link for a Simplified Chinese version of the glossary.
- Am I eligible for financial aid as an undocumented student? Visit our Financial Resources for Undocumented Students page to find out.
Okay, let's get started with your financial aid application!
What Are the Required Applications If I Want to be Considered for All Types of Aid?
If you want to be considered for all types of aid, you should complete and submit both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), also available in a Spanish-language version, and the CSS Profile. Both of these forms are available after October 1 each year. See the priority and final deadline dates in the table below to make sure you are getting all your materials in on time.
Beginning February 24, 2022, College Board is introducing a new sign in service for student College Board accounts through Okta. Students with existing College Board accounts will need to migrate to Okta. If you have questions about this transition, please contact College Board Customer Service.
For help completing the FAFSA, consider reviewing this tutorial video created by the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Financial Aid Application Priority Dates and Deadlines
|Student Type||Priority Application Date*||Final Application Deadline Date**|
|First Year Undergraduate||Early Decision Fall 2022||November 15, 2021||March 1, 2022|
|Early Action Fall 2022||December 1, 2021||March 1, 2022|
|Regular Decision Fall 2022||February 1, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|Transfer Undergraduate||Fall 2022||April 1, 2022|
|Spring 2023||November 1, 2022|
|Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS)||Fall 2022||May 15, 2022|
|Spring 2023||November 1, 2022|
|Bachelor of Professional Studies in Health Sciences Management (BPHM)||Fall 2022||May 15, 2022|
* Completing and submitting all required applications and additionally-requested documents by the priority date increases the likelihood that you'll receive your preliminary financial aid award much sooner than if you wait until March 1st. The priority filing date only applies to first-year undergraduate applicants.
** If you are an eligible applicant for financial aid and submit your FAFSA and Profile by the deadline for your cohort, listed above, we will meet all of your demonstrated need, even if your other application materials arrive after the deadline. If you submit your FAFSA and/or Profile after your deadline, you may still receive some grants. In recent years, we have been able to give grants to late applicants, but we can't always promise to be able to do so.