The Cashier's Office is responsible for collecting and reconciling student and University Department payments. Our team is committed to excellence in providing services to students and the University community. We provide support with a customer-oriented focus on efficiency, friendliness, and accuracy. We look forward to working with you.
The Cashier's Office usually posts check payments twice a week (typically Tuesdays and Fridays). You can pay online at any time and access your student account information through UVAPay account activity.
Check Deposits: Effective July 1, 2022, departments are responsible for depositing their own checks through their Remote Deposit Scanner (RDS). Departments without an RDS (those currently sending deposits to Carruthers), are encouraged to contact an RDS user in their area to have it processed locally.
Need an RDS? They are available for all departments to deposit their own checks and are requested through the Office of the Treasurer. Set up and training are conveniently available through the Treasurer's website. For information and questions not addressed on the website, please email the Office of the Treasurer at [email protected].
Cash Deposits: We do not accept cash (effective April 2020). If you have a cash deposit, please deposit it to the bank with your deposit information. Alternatively, you can obtain a Cashier's Check or a Money Order, then process it as a check deposit.
Checks for Pick-up: The Cashier's Office will reach out to 'Hold for Pickup' contacts regarding specific pickup times in the event of a hold for pickup check. Please send any Departmental Deposits/Expenditure Credits through messenger mail during this time.
Questions? Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
To improve safety for our students and enhance overall payment security, effective November 1, 2019, Student Financial Services no longer accepts cash payments for student charges at Carruthers Hall.
Acceptable payment methods include:
- Online through UVAPay (for students and authorized users)
- E-check/ACH payments are FREE and must be drawn on standard U.S. checking or savings accounts (routing and account numbers required)
- Credit/Debit Card payments incur a 2.75% service fee
- International payments: executed through Flywire via UVAPay
- Domestic Wire transfers: executed through Flywire via UVAPay
- By check mailed to Student Financial Services via USPS or express mail, or in person at the Cashier's Office in Carruthers Hall
- Student UVAPay Login: Students access UVAPay from the dashboard of the Student Information System (SIS) account
- Authorized User UVAPay Login: Not an Authorized User? Here's how to establish authorized access in UVAPay
The Cashier's Office is located on the 1st/bottom level of Carruthers Hall at 1001 N. Emmet Street.
Mail checks to:
University of Virginia
Student Payment Processing
P.O. Box 400204
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904
For express delivery services that cannot deliver to P.O. boxes, send to:
University of Virginia
Student Financial Services
1001 N. Emmet Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Students in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies paying by check should make payment to the regional center through which they are enrolled.
Hours of Operation
10am - noon and 1pm - 4pm, Monday - Friday
Phone Numbers & Email
Email: [email protected]du
The Cashier's Team provides central support to University Departments across Grounds. Below are important University resources related to this functional support.
University Policies & Procedures
- Deposit/Receipt Form. The Department Deposit Form is submitted with check deposits to be processed by the University Cashiers Office. Cashier’s will not deposit funds related to gifts, grants, payments for contractual services, or payments for the sale of goods and services. Please contact [email protected] for these types of deposits. If you have a Remote Deposit Scanner (RDS), you must deposit your own check(s). Request RDS services through the Office of the Treasurer.
- Expenditure Credit Form: Workday Finance and FST Streamlined Expenditure Credits. This means Departments manage their expenditure credits through the Ad Hoc Bank Transaction Process in Workday. SFS Cashiers no longer processes expenditure credits. Questions? Please contact [email protected].