Your payment will post to your SIS account on the next business day. No receipt will be issued.
The Cashier's Office is responsible for collecting and reconciling student and University Department payments. Our team is committed to excellence in providing services to students and the University community. We provide support with a customer-oriented focus on efficiency, friendliness, and accuracy. We look forward to working with you!
To improve safety for our students and enhance overall payment security, effective November 1, 2019, Student Financial Services no longer accepts cash payments for student charges at Carruthers Hall.
Acceptable payment methods include:
- Online through UVAPay (for students and authorized users)
- E-check/ACH payments are FREE and must be drawn on standard U.S. checking or savings accounts (routing and account numbers required).
- Credit/Debit Card payments incur a 2.75% service fee.
- International payments: executed through Flywire via UVAPay.
- Domestic Wire transfers: executed through Flywire via UVAPay.
- By check mailed to Student Financial Services via USPS or express mail, or in person at the Cashier's Office in Carruthers Hall.
- Student UVAPay Login: Students access UVAPay from the dashboard of the Student Information System (SIS) account.
- Authorized User UVAPay Login: Not an Authorized User? Here's how to establish authorized access in UVAPay.
The Cashier's Office is located on the 1st/bottom level of Carruthers Hall at 1001 N. Emmet Street.
Mail checks to:
University of Virginia
Student Payment Processing
P.O. Box 400204
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904
For express delivery services that cannot deliver to P.O. boxes, send to:
University of Virginia
Student Financial Services
1001 N. Emmet Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Students in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies paying by check should make payment to the regional center through which they are enrolled.
Hours of Operation
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Phone Numbers & Email
Email: [email protected]du
The Cashier's Team provides central support to University Departments across Grounds. Below are important University resources related to this functional support.
University Policies & Procedures
- FIN-016: Receiving and Depositing Cash & Other Monetary Instruments
- FIN-050: Recording & Depositing Expenditure Credits