As you are aware, conversion from ORACLE to WORKDAY will begin July 1, 2022. If you have an RDS scanner, central cashiering will not be processing your deposits or expenditure credits. That can be done by you now. Departments without an RDS scanner (if you are currently sending deposits to Carruthers), are encouraged to contact an RDS user in their area to have it processed locally.
If you are interested in obtaining and RDS scanner, please contact UVA Treasury for more information and to get set up with a remote deposit scanner at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be unable to set up new users until around September 2022.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Due to pandemic measures, the Cashier's Office posts payments twice a week (typically Tuesdays and Fridays). You can access your payment confirmation through UVAPay account activity.
The Cashier's Office is responsible for collecting and reconciling student and University Department payments. Our team is committed to excellence in providing services to students and the University community. We provide support with a customer-oriented focus on efficiency, friendliness, and accuracy. We look forward to working with you!
To improve safety for our students and enhance overall payment security, effective November 1, 2019, Student Financial Services no longer accepts cash payments for student charges at Carruthers Hall.
Acceptable payment methods include:
- Online through UVAPay (for students and authorized users)
- E-check/ACH payments are FREE and must be drawn on standard U.S. checking or savings accounts (routing and account numbers required).
- Credit/Debit Card payments incur a 2.75% service fee.
- International payments: executed through Flywire via UVAPay.
- Domestic Wire transfers: executed through Flywire via UVAPay.
- By check mailed to Student Financial Services via USPS or express mail, or in person at the Cashier's Office in Carruthers Hall.
- Student UVAPay Login: Students access UVAPay from the dashboard of the Student Information System (SIS) account.
- Authorized User UVAPay Login: Not an Authorized User? Here's how to establish authorized access in UVAPay.
The Cashier's Office is located on the 1st/bottom level of Carruthers Hall at 1001 N. Emmet Street.
Mail checks to:
University of Virginia
Student Payment Processing
P.O. Box 400204
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904
For express delivery services that cannot deliver to P.O. boxes, send to:
University of Virginia
Student Financial Services
1001 N. Emmet Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Students in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies paying by check should make payment to the regional center through which they are enrolled.
Hours of Operation
10am - noon and 1pm - 4pm, Monday - Friday
Phone Numbers & Email
The Cashier's Team provides central support to University Departments across Grounds. Below are important University resources related to this functional support.
University Policies & Procedures
- FIN-016: Receiving and Depositing Cash & Other Monetary Instruments
- FIN-050: Recording & Depositing Expenditure Credits
- Deposit/Receipt Form. The Department Deposit Form is submitted with check deposits to be processed by the University Cashiers Office. Cashier’s will not deposit funds related to gifts, grants, payments for contractual services, or payments for the sale of goods and services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these types of deposits. If you have a Remote Deposit Scanner (RDS), you must deposit your own check(s). Request RDS services through the Office of the Treasurer.
- Expenditure Credit Form: Workday Finance and FST Streamlined Expenditure Credits. This means Departments manage their expenditure credits through the Ad Hoc Bank Transaction Process in Workday. SFS Cashiers no longer processes expenditure credits. Questions? Please contact AskFinance@virginia.edu.