Active Military Tuition Assistance

Each branch of the military has its own application process, forms, and Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits. Please consult your Education Services Officer (ESO) and visit for details and to start the application process.

Each branch of the military handles TA somewhat differently. If you are in the Army, you will use GoArmyEd to register for classes and have Tuition Assistance applied. If you're in the Air Force, you'll need to register through U.Va. and then apply for TA through the Air Force Virtual Education Center.

If you are in the Coast Guard, Navy, or Marine Corps, you will go to your respective Education Center in person, complete their form, have it signed by your education coordinator, and send it to our office using the contact information in the footer at the bottom of this web page.

Contact your branch for details on your eligibility and the branch's process for submitting the Tuition Assistance form:

*Please note that if you are using TA and withdraw from a class prior to completing 60 percent of the class, you may be required to pay a portion of the tuition, which could be due to the Department of Defense. Please see UVA’s Refund Policy regarding return of tuition assistance. Contact your service branch for more information.