Graduate Study Abroad

Study Abroad for graduate students is typically coordinated through individual schools. Your first step should be to contact your department to see what departmental aid funding is available. 

Federal aid funding for academic year study abroad programs is available and such funding is based on the budget for the chosen study abroad program. Please be sure to indicate on your study abroad application to the International Student Office (ISO) that you currently use financial aid. To apply for federal aid for study abroad programs, please select the Federal Aid tab in the left hand column. For study abroad programs that are not sponsored by UVA, you may be asked to submit additional documents.

Contact Student Financial Services at (434) 982-6000 if you have specific questions about federal aid study abroad funding.