University of Virginia Logo

You are here

Summer Session Aid for Graduate Students

You should apply for departmental aid (scholarships, fellowships, assistantships and other grants and scholarships) first below considering federal aid for Summer Session.

Federal financial aid is also available for summer session but you must be registered for at least three (3) credit hours to be awarded and you must complete the required financial aid forms.  Note that you must enroll in courses before Student Financial Services will award your financial aid. 

Please keep in mind that federal aid eligibility for summer requires the completion of the FAFSA for the upcoming academic year.

  • To receive federal aid for Summer 2018, you must complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA (available after October 1, 2017).
  • To receive federal aid for Summer 2019, you must complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA (available after October 1, 2018).

For directions on how to apply for federal financial aid, please select the Federal Aid tab in the left hand column.  


Note for the B/MT 5 Year Teacher Education Program

If you are in the B/MT 5 Year Teacher Education program and plan to graduate in December 2018 or May 2019, you are considered a graduate student for Summer 2018.