The University of Virginia partners with Flywire to provide a fast, secure way to submit international and wire transfer payments. You can pay in your local or other desired currency with available payment methods (e.g., credit cards, debit cards, bank drafts, wire transfers). For first time users, you will need to create an account. Flywire allows you to:
- Execute, track, and confirm your payment activity through Flywire's online payment portal
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Transfer funds faster than wire payments (average 2-3 days)
- Link payments directly to the student's account
- Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire's Best Price Guarantee
- Receive 24/7 email, live chat, or phone support
How to Make an International or Wire Transfer Payment with Flywire
- Sign into QuikPay through the SIS Student Center or the Authorized Payer Portal. (Need to become an Authorized Payer?)
- Select "Make a Payment" from the left-hand menu.
- Enter your payment amount, select "International Payment and Wire Transfers" from the drop-down box, and click "Okay." You will be transferred to the Flywire website to complete the process.
- Select your preferred method of payment from the "What country are you paying from" drop-down list.
- Select your payment method (note that some countries allow more payment options than others).
- Create a Flywire account, so you can track your payment, and enter basic identification information for the University to identify your payment.
- Complete your payment. (For wire transfer payment methods, this means you would send your funds to the bank account information provided by Flywire.)
- Track and confirm your payment at any time through your Flywire account. You can also sign up for text and email status updates.
Please note: the University will not accept excess direct payments intended for living or other personal expenses. Personal or sponsor payments in excess of $3,000 of the account balance will not be accepted, except as instructed by a sponsor and with prior approval from Student Financial Services. Click on this link to learn more about the University's refunds policy regarding excess payments.
It is important that you begin in UVA's QuikPay portal and follow the instructions above to ensure your payment is sent to the right school and applied to the right student's account. If you would like to learn more, visit the Flywire website.