The University of Virginia partners with Flywire to provide a fast, secure way to submit international and wire transfer payments through UVAPay. You can pay in your local or other desired currency with available payment methods (e.g., international credit cards and debit cards, wire transfers, and other international payment options). For first time users, we suggest you create a Flywire account. Flywire allows you to:
Execute, track, and confirm your payment activity through UVAPay
Pay from any country and any bank
Transfer funds faster (average 2-3 business days)
Save on bank fees and ensure the best exchange rates with Flywire's Best Price Guarantee
Access 24/7 multilingual customer support via email, live chat, or phone
How to Make an International or Wire Transfer Payment
- Sign into UVAPay through the SIS Student Center or the Authorized User Portal. (Need to become an Authorized User?)
- Click on the “Make Payment” tab.
- Choose your payment amount, select the "International Payment and Wire Transfers" button, and click "Next".
- Select your country of origin from the "What country are you paying from" drop-down list.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Enter basic identification information for the University to identify your payment.
- Confirm your payment details and receive your payment instructions.
- Complete your payment. (For wire transfer payment methods, this means you would send your funds to the bank account provided by Flywire.)
- Track and confirm your payment at any time through your UVAPay account. You can also sign up for text and email status updates.
Please note: the University will not accept excess direct payments intended for living or other personal expenses. Personal or sponsor payments in excess of $3,000 of the account balance will not be accepted, except as instructed by a sponsor and with prior approval from Student Financial Services. Click on this link to learn more about the University's refunds policy regarding excess payments.
We currently are not able to offer the optional semester payment plan using Flywire, but we are working on that to better serve our families who live outside the United States!
It is important that you begin in the UVAPay portal and follow the instructions above to ensure your payment is sent to the right school and applied to the right student's account. If you would like to learn more, visit the Flywire website.